XML Formatter Online
XML Formatter beautifies ugly, minified xml code and makes it more readable. It gives the code proper indentation, spaces and newlines and makes it well-formatted code.
- Remove (or preserve) whitespace.
- Collapse or expand empty elements.
- Format attributes on one line, or multiple lines.
- Split long lines (or one long line) into several shorter ones.
- Specify the indent size and choose your preferred indentation: tab or spaces.
How to use?
- Enter XML code in the editor.
- Click "Format XML" button and it will format the XML code and show in output.
- Click "Copy" button. Success! Copied successfully. Please paste anywhere.
<?xml version="1.0" ?> <bookList> <book> <title>The Cat in the Hat</title> <author>Dr. Seuss</author> <price>6.99</price> </book> <book> <title>Ender's Game</title> <author>Orson Scott Card</author> <price>7.95</price> </book> <book> <title>Prey</title> <author>Michael Crichton</author> <price>8.99</price> </book> </bookList>
The Cat in the Hat
Orson Scott Card
Why to use online XML Formatter
Features of this XML code formatter helps you in formatting XML documents without any hassle. Some of the best benifits of this format XML tool are as follows.Quick and Easy:
The tool gets the job done in no time. The users don’t have to invest their precious time in formatting XML files, as this tool allows them to do the same task in just a few seconds.Free of Cost:
You don’t have to worry about paying a penny for using this free XML formatter online.No Signup Required:
The signup and login are tedious procedures that waste a user’s time. Therefore, such processes are eliminated from this tool so that the users can start formatting their XML easily.
What is XML?
- XML is an acronym for eXtensible Markup Language, also known as an extensible markup language for the purpose of creating other markup languages.
- It is used for structuring, storing, and in exchanging data between applications and storing data. For example, when we build an application in C# and an application in PHP, the two languages cannot understand each other, so we will use XML to exchange data.
- XML simplifies data sharing and transmission, independent of platform changes.
Pros vs Cons of XML file
- Independence: This is the most unique advantage that XML possesses. XML describes data in text form, so that most programs or software can read this file. In other words, it is not dependent on any fixed program or software.
- Read - Excellent data analysis: XML has the ability to read - analyze data sources quickly and easily. Because of that, it is an effective tool in exchanging data between many systems and programs.
- Website design support: XML is used in Remote Procedure Calls to support services during website design.
- Simple file creation: Users can create XML files quickly with simple, easy-to-remember operations.
There are many advantages, but XML is not 100% perfect. This format still has a drawback that users need to consider is the error rate during data transmission. This number is quite small, only 5-7%, but it is also worth noting if you want to use XML to transmit information.
Common uses of XML
What is the application of XML is also something you need to know about this format to be able to use it effectively. XML has many practical applications, one of which is as a basis for document formats.Eg:
- Microsoft Office 2007 and its successors: Notice the file extension of these documents, the 'x' in .docx indicates that the document is based on an XML file. In addition, this format sometimes appears in excel and powerpoint.
- ATOM and RSS: XML support describes how an application reads and processes web feeds.
- Microsoft .NET: XML is also used in Microsoft .NET in small configuration files.
- To be able to read an XML file, users need the support of some specialized tools for editing, editing and converting. Specifically: Notepad++, XML Notepad, Altova XMLSpy Enterprise Edition, Total CSV Converter, Word Cleaner, AZ XML to PDF Converter, PDF to XML, etc.